Latisse on Possibly Damaged Eyelash Matrix?

An answer given to another person, answered by the doctor mentioned the matrix of the lash. I'm worried that from years of abuse, mine may be too damaged for anything to stimulate new growth. Been using Latisse 4 approximately 11 weeks and nothing has changed with my lashes.

However, after only 4 weeks, my brows definitely show growth in the thinned areas but NOT on the empty outer brow edges. Do you think this shows that the areas where nothing is left and still has nothing showing up may be too damaged to be treated, with the matrix destroyed? Thanks.

Latisse Effects on a Damaged Eyelid

+1

In order for Latisse to have an effect, there must be intact eyelash hair follicles, otherwise, there is nothing for the medication to stimulate. I have seen an effect from Latisse on eyelids with some active and some damaged follicles. The thickening of the active eyelashes can fill in where the inactive or damaged follicles are leaving an open patch.

Baltimore Ophthalmologist

Damaged Lash Matrix

+1

Latisse will only work where there are potential active hair/lash follicles.  If there are no follicles due to damage then it may not work.  The only way to know for sure is to give it a try.  Good luck.

Janet M. Neigel, MD
West Orange Oculoplastic Surgeon