Can Latisse Cause a Genital Herpes Outbreak?

I just started using Latisse and had a genital herpes outbreak around the same time (I haven't had an outbreak in 2 years). Are they correlated? or is it just coincidence?

Latisse and herpes - coincidence

There are several things that cause cause a genital herpes outbreak, but latisse is not one of them.  Typical triggers include: illness, stress, hormonal changes, ultraviolet light, trauma to the skin.  

Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

5061 FM 2920
Spring, TX 77388

Latisse and Herpes

This is just a coincidence, there is no correlation and no possible way they could be related since you said it's genital herpes.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

8937 W Sahara Ave
Las Vegas, NV 89117

Latisse and genital herpes

Assuming you are applying Latisse to the eyelashes and not to the genital area, it is just a coincidence.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

325 Dorset Street
South Burlington, VT 05403

If you had said that you had an outbreak of ocular herpes [yes, it does exist], then I would be somewhat concerned. But any correlation with genital herpes would be coincidence. It doesn't hurt to ask the Allergan customer service contact to see if there have ever been any other reports of this.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

1110 112th Ave NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

I have never heard of any causality relationship between herpes and Latisse. For more information, you might want to contact Allergan

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

3711 Lomita Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90505