Latisse for Bald Eyelids?

I am interested in finding out if Latisse would work to grow my eyelashes. I am 48 years old and have almost no lashes. When I was a teenager I rubbed my eyes and pulled my lashes for some time and as a result, they stopped growing back.

I have tried a few over the counter lash growth products and although they do seem to encourage some growth, my lashes never really fill in or get very long. Would Latisse be something that could help me or are there other treatments for my problem?

Might Help

+2

Provided that the matrix of the hair bulb is viable, Latisse would be worth trying. It is a relatively safe drug and I do not see the harm of trying it. If the matrix is scarred or too damaged, I doubt whther it would work.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Will Latisse Work if you Have No Eyelashes?

+1

If the hair follicles of the eyelashes are not fully destroyed by the scarring process, Latisse will have a chance to work. Over ten years ago my wife lost all of her eyelashes due to allergies which did not regrow. After using Latisse for approximately one year, she has now regrown many of her eyelashes. Latisse has been shown to not only increase the amount of time each eyelash hair remains in the growing phase, it also has been scientifically proven to increase the thickness of eyelash hair as well as the darkness of each hair. This will allow you to get the most out of each growing hair. It's worth a try!

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/latisse/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Latisse for minimal hairs

+1

I have a chemotherapy patient who after her chemotherapy several years ago lost much of her eyelashes and never had much hair growth return. She then used Latisse and within one month noticed lash growth. She now has very full thick eyelashes and is amazed at the results. With its minimal side effects, its certainly worth a try. Speak to your physician and whether you are a good candidate for this product. We are located in Boulder, Colorado.

Boulder Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.