Latisse on Alopecia Patients?

I have alopecia and have not had eyelashes since I was 3 (I am now 35). I have spent so much money on things over the years to make me look normal that have not worked. What are the chances that Latisse will actually work for me? Please tell me the truth. Are there any studies with Latisse and alopecia patients? Thank you for your time.

Using Latisse for alopecia and balding

+3

At this time, Latisse is not the cure-all for alopecia.  Time will tell whether there is utility for these medications for long term alopecia treatment. 

Alopecia and Latisse

+3

I have had a couple people with alopecia try it with disappointing results. I would probably steer you away from it in this case. That being said, it is 120 dollars and may be worth a shot if you want to try.

Washington DC Oculoplastic Surgeon

Hair Regrowth with Latisse

+3

To my knowledge there are no studies. Alopecia has several "levels" and since you've not had lashes for over 30 years, I'm afraid chances of this restarting hair production are unlikely. I am sorry for your situation and know it must be terribly frustrating.

Because Latisse extends the active phase of hair growth cycles, if you have no hair production, there is nothing to extend. If you have lash hair but it is very short or fine, then there is a chance it will benefit you.

May I suggest that you contact Allergan directly? If there are studies being done, they may inform you of this.

La Jolla Ophthalmologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.