The Latisse I Have is .01% Will It Be As Effective As the .03%?

Latisse is proven effective at prescription dose

+1

Latisse, the only FDA-cleared product for longer, darker, and fuller eyelashes is available in only one concentration which is 0.03% (pictures below). This is the same concentration as Lumigan, which uses the same active ingredient (bimatoprost.) So other concentrations such as the 0.01% that you mention are not legally available and your source should be reported to authorities. It is not wise to use non-approved products since they are not proven safe and effective.

Concentration of bimatorprost in Latisse

+1

Counterfeit medications which contain different amounts of the active ingredient or inactive ingredients may pose a problem to people.  To my knowledge, the concentration of bimatoprost in Latisse studied in the FDA clinical trials and sold in the U.S. is 0.03%.  I am not aware that any other concentrations are available commercially yet.  While the lower concentration may be effective, you should make sure that the source of your medication is reputable.  Unsuspecting buyers may be fooled by bargains over the internet.

Sandy Feldman, MD
San Diego Ophthalmologist

Latisse is 0.03% bimatoprost

+1

The medication in Latisse that is sold in the United States is bimatoprost ophthalmic solution 0.03%. To my knowledge, all of the studies that prove its effectiveness for growing eyelashes were done using the 0.03% solution so I would recommend not take any chances by using a lower concentration.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon