I'm 1 yr and 5 months post op. I received 375cc Mentor saline moderate profile implants. Do I have lateral displacement? (Photo)

Hello, I'm 1 year and 5 months post op. I received 375cc Mentor saline moderate profile implants. For a few weeks I've been experiencing some pain in the outside of my left breast. I feel like my left breast is looking wider, larger, leaning more into my armpit, and a different overall shape than my right breast. In the photos my left breast is on your right side. Could I be experiencing lateral displacement or something else? Your professional opinions are greatly appreciated! Thank you

Do I have lateral displacement?

+2
What you are asking does not show in the presented posted photos. Best to seek ONLY IN PERSON evaluations from boarded PSs in your city./// 

Breast Implant Displacement?

+1
From your pictures it's difficult to tell how much displacement you have although they are very suspicious. The best view for a photo or even looking at it yourself is when you are lying down. If the implant is displaced it goes further towards the bed on that side. Your left implant appears larger or the breast appears larger. If the left breast has become larger you may have a fluid collection which is causing the feeling and the displacement. This is relatively common with saline implants. If you are having lateral displacement I would recommend that you have both saline implants removed and replaced with silicone at the same time that you have the capsule on the left repaired with sutures to close the space and bring the implant back in towards the middle. You are definitely have something going on but need to have a board certified plastic surgeon look at you to determine exactly what it is. 

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Lateral breast implant displacement

+1
I agree, you should lie down and see if the implant moves over to your armpit.  I recommend seeing your plastic surgeon for a full evaluation.  If there is lateral displacement then a revision can be performed to suture the inside pocket on the lateral side which can help move the implants more medial.  

Tiffany McCormack, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Lateral Displacement

+1
The best way to determine lateral displacement of an implant is with you lying down. If the implant falls into your arm pit or the area near your sternun appears unduly flat then you do have lateral displcement of the implants. Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Lateral displacement of breast implants

+1
Thank you for your question and photograph.  From your photographs it does appear that the left breast implant is laterally displaced.  This is in line with the fact that the nipple areola is also displaced to the side and up.

You may also be bottoming out.  Please see your plastic surgeon as revision is certainly possible.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS