Lateral Displacement of Right Breast 4 Months Post-Op Benelli Lift, What are my Options? (photo)

4 and a half months ago i had breast augmentation with a benelli lift, i had 325 R and 300 in the left. Right from the start there were noticeable differences in he appearance of my right breast, it was more square and sat lower on my chest, it was far smaller than my left breast and seemed to sit closer to under my arm. my right breast now appears to sit under my arm and when lying down slides under my arm. I have been checked for cc and it is not present.

Asymmetry post augmentation mastopexy

+1

Hi there

Your result looks basically very good as others have said, and it would be important to see preop pictures plus examine you to understand the mild residual asymmetry you have.  Its not certain whether the right implant sits slightly more medial than the left - or whether the nipple complex on the right is slightly more lateral than the left side - or both.

I suggest you see and talk with your surgeon about your concerns.  It's likely that many patients would find the result quite acceptable, and others might not.  Also, pictures do not completely convey the real life appearance. So a discussion is needed first.  Your options might include nothing, a pocket revision, or slight medialisation of your right nipple according to a measurement analysis of your chest wall.

Good luck.

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Implant issues

+1

If one breast appears smaller, you  may need a larger implants and perhaps a tightening of the pocker along the lateral wall.

Lateral Breast Implant Displacement

+1

Based on your pictures, the results look good but it would be helpful to see your pictures before surgery. If the right breast appears smaller than your left and slides to the side, ask your surgeon if a larger implant and lateral pocket revision (tightening of the capsule) would help correct this.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon

+1

Based upon your posted photos I really do not see anything that is so poorly done. In fact I find your result very acceptable. Would like to see before photos to compare. 

Breast implant position and asymmetry

+1

Although surgeons do their best in attempting to make breasts as symmetrical as possible, when performing a breast augmentation, post operative breast asymmetry can occasionally occur.  This can be due to one breast pocket stretching more than the other, shortly after the procedure; or one breast capsule contracting more as post operative scar tissue forms.  One option is to do breast massage on the tighter, higher breast only, and wearing a bra that minimizes movement on the looser side.  If this conservative treatment does not improve the situation you could consider a capsulodesis surgery to tighten the looser breast capsule.  However, I agree with Dr. Kraft that, from your photos, the asymmetry is not severe and you do not necessarily have to have a surgery.  Weigh the risks and benefits carefully before undergoing another breast surgery.  Good luck.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Implant malpositioning

+1
The implan is malpositioned but not extremely so. Unless you have discomfort, the decision for more surgery is a highly personal one.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Lateral Breast Implant Malposition Correction

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Sounds like you made the diagnosis yourself;  lateral and inferior breast implant malposition.

One of the most common complications after breast augmentation surgery is implant mal-position. This occurs when the implant is in an incorrect position on the chest wall. This may include incorrect position of the implant superiorly (“riding high”), inferiorly (“bottoming out”), medially (“symmastia or uni-boob”) or laterally (falling outward into the axilla).

In your case, the lateral (outwardly) displacement of the breast implants can be corrected using an internal suture technique decreasing the size of the pockets (inferioly and laterally) and moving the implants toward the midline.

I would suggest in person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon well-versed in revision breast surgery.