Do You Recommend a Lateral Brow Lift on Young Patient? (photo)

Hello. I just turned 23 years old. I know this seems a bit young for an eyebrow lift of any sort. Well My brows kind of droop downwards and it gives me a sad/tired expression. I am so sick of this. When my hair is put back in a ponytail it seems to solve the problem. I already have a far back/thin hair line. I only want the lateral brows lifted. I have tried pro waxers but even though they help a bit my lat.brows never look raised enough. I am very unhappy with this sad/tired expression.

Do You Recommend a Lateral Brow Lift on Young Patient?

+3

Thanks for the question and the photos. In general, we like the lateral brow to be above the round bone above the eye and in your photos it appears you are there. A good first thing to try is blocking the action of the muscles that pull the lateral brow down by getting Botox. That will give you a few millimeters of elevation. If you like the change then see a plastic surgeon and see about a surgical lift with the scar in your hair area.

Lateral brow lift not needed

+2

Most of the respondents agree that you have some drooping of your upper eyelids (ptosis) and that your lateral brows are in a good position (above the edge of the bone margin of your upper lids).  Since we are basing our suggestions on one photo, I would suggest that you see a plastic surgeon in your area for a consultatation and examination before accepting our analysis.  Good luck!

Joseph N. Togba, MD
Oakland Plastic Surgeon

+2

Sadly, limited or isolated Brow Lifting methods such as a Lateral Brow Lift don't work or last IMHO.  To elevate the Eyebrows, the tissues must be dissected down to the upper orbital rim and freed up from the bone.  These limited procedures, like the Lateral Brow Lift, use limited dissection or suspension sutures that won't hold.  My advice is to learn how to shape the eybrows aesthetically and wait until (and if) the eyebrows continue to drop in position requiring a Coronal Brow Lift in the future which remains the gold standard of Brow Lift procedures.

The peak of the outer part of the eyebrow differs in every person. I don't think your eyebrow is drooping.

+2

The peak of the outer part of the eyebrow differs in every person. I don't think your eyebrow is drooping. The highest point of the female eyebrow is usually somewhere between the outer part of the colored portion of your eye and the outer corner of the eyelid. Looking at your brow, the peak is located close to the outer part of the colored portion of the eye and this is normal. Overall, it does not appear that your brow is dropping. I will echo my colleagues' mention of possible ptosis (or drooping of your upper eyelids) which is worth evaluating. However, given your brow shape and your age I would NOT recommend lifting your brows in any fashion. You have very nice brows to begin with and a browlift will likely not be very gratifying for you or your surgeon.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

No

+2

Your brows have a rather pleasing shape and position.  I am not fond of brow lifts, since it is impossible to get them in the right place and keep them there.  Women use their brows for expression with continuous movement when you're talking, especially to another woman.  The brow lift will leave a scar.  It may increase the wrinkles in your forehead.  It may lift your hairline higher than it already is.  I would suggest an upper blepharaplasty, a lift of the skin of your upper eyelids.  I think this will give you a more open  and happy appearance.

E. Anthony Musarra II, MD

Lateral Brow Lift on 23 Year Old Female

+1

You are not too young to treat your inherited low lateral brows. You can try Botox injections which would be the easiest treatment; however, repeated injections every 3-4 months would be necessary. A permanent solution could be achieved with an incision at the hairline which can lower your high hairline and raise your brow. Hair will grow through the scar so it is not seen.  

Lateral Brow Lift

+1

Your photo does not suggest that you will be a candidate for a brow lift. Botox may be a better option for you to attempt first. To review your options, consult with 3 - 4 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Lateral Brow Lift - good operation for the right person

+1

Lateral Brow Lift is a good operation for the right person - Not you. The good news is that you have youthful brows and do not need it - Lucky you !                                                 If you want a bit more of a lift laterally, I recommend using Botox or Dysport  on the obicularis occuli muscle - the muscle that pulls the lateral brow down (just below it) It is easy to do and you will get a few mm's elevation. 

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Lateral brow lift

+1

I agree with earlier posts, at least from the photo.  It does appear the upper eyelids are ptotic (droopy).  I would say that is more of an issue than the brow position.  For the eyes, consider seeing a plastic surgeon or oculoplastic surgeon.  You also might consider thinning the upper and outer aspects of the eyebrows to achieve a more suitable (to you) appearance).  On this latter point, don't do laser hair removal until you KNOW what is suitable to you and live with that appearance for a while.

James E. Chappell, MD

Brow lift in a young patient

+1

given the photo you provided it seems reasonable

hard to tell from the photo but you may have eyelid ptosis (drooping of the eyelids, not excess skin of the eyelids) this is a condition that is under -recognized by many surgeons. the impact of correcting it can be significant in terms of creating a more awake look.

one might also suggest that you would benefit from boney contouring of the lateral superior orbital rim

this is an advanced procedure not provided by many but can really have a huge impact of periorbital aesthetics

please do not take this as direct medical advice but simple general information to discuss with a qualified surgeon. i can be that surgeon if you care to contact me directly.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD