Is Lateral Brow Lift and Traditional Brow Lift Done at Once?

Is the lateral (temporal) brow lift naturally part of the traditional brow lift? How long does this take? I am looking for an "exotic" look with my eyes, they are very round. I want the cat eye appearance (not natural). Can I ask him to be more aggressive with the pulling up of my lower lid with the temporal brow lift ?(which I have looked up and it does this).

Brow Lift Results

+1

I would recommend being cautious with your requests from surgeons. You want to make sure that they stay within their abilities and aesthetic ideals; otherwise, problems may occur.

Brow Lift includes lofting all aspects of the eyebrows

+1

A Formal Brow Lift lifts all aspects of the eybrows including the lateral and medial brows as necessary to raise and create the proper aesthetic eyebrow position and shape.  The procedure takes about 1 hour and IMHO, the Coronal Brow Lift is the most effective and reliable.

Lateral Brow Lift

+1

A brow lift, (traditional or temporal will not change the shape of your eye.  The only way to achieve "cat eyes" is to move the lateral canthus (the corner of the eye) superiorly.  This is not easy to do - have your surgeon show you pictures of patients who had this procedure.

Lateral Browlift and Canthoplasty Is Needed For Exotic Eye Look

+1

A traditional browlift, no matter which method is used, will not produce the look you are after. To achieve this 'extreme' look requires the use of additional procedures. These would include a temporal browlift and a lateral canthal (corner of the eye lifting) procedures. Since these are not needed or wanted by most browlift patients, it would be imperative that you have a clear communication with your plastic surgeon as to exactly what you want and that he/she is amenable to making those changes for you.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

"cat eye look"

+1

In order to achieve the so called "cat eye look", the lateral corner of the eye ( lateral cathus ), needs to be disconnected and reattached higher. This is a delicate operation that needs precision.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Canthoplasty is necessary to change the shape of the eyes.

+1

As mentioned previously, a browlift will not address your eyelid shape. A canthoplasty [or even more aggressive canthopexy] would be necessary. The canthus is the corner of the eyelid where the upper and lower eyelids come together, and the canthus position will need to be changed to achieve your goals.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Brow lift modification for Asian look

+1

The change in shape of your eyebrow might be achievable by emphasizing the lateral (temporal) aspect of a brow lift. However, I do not think this will permanently pull up the corner of the eye. As in prior discussions on this site, I am waiting for someone to show a result of making a normal Caucasian "round eye" into an Asian looking one. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lateral brow lift for exotic eyes.

+1
A brow lift ONLY lifts the brow and does not make almond or cat eyes out of round eyes! If the lateral brow is pulled a great deal it makes an unnatural look--that is why you see so many bad looks after this surgery. See an experienced surgeon and look carefully at his live patients to get the best results.