Lateral Brow Lift - Left Brow Much Higher with No Relief from the "Pulling" Sensation (photo)

I am 32 days out from a lateral brow lift. My right brow and forehead are perfect. A bit of numbness left, but other than that, there is no discomfort left. Unfortunately, the left side has had NO refief. The brow is peaked in the center and is pulling the eyelid in the same "V" position. There is a pulling sensation that has not deminished in the least, causing much discomfort. 1) Is it uncommon to have one side take this long to settle down? 2) How can I get relief?

Asymmetry of brows after browlift.

+2

It takes several months for the pulling to subside and possibly your asymmetry. Only your surgeon knows what was done so I would see him. 

Asymmetrical after Brow Lift

+2

A bit of asymmetry is not unusual for weeks after any procedure due to swelling.I would encourage you to speak with your surgeon to discuss your concerns and talk to him about post-op pain control.

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Asymetic brows.

+1

It is very normal to have some degree of asymmetry of the brows with or without surgery. It will take more time for your brows to relax and reach there final position. Don't worry too much just yet. Definitely see your surgeon for a follow up for some re assurance.

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Assymetry after brow lift

+1

Your brow are assymetrical and the best person to discuss this with is your operating surgeon.  It may be of some value to look at your photos before surgery and compare them to your current photos.  If you had assymetry prior to the procedure, it is not unusual to have some after surgery. As stated by others, you can expect some improvement with time.  Good luck!

Joseph N. Togba, MD
Oakland Plastic Surgeon

Lateral Brow Lift - Left Brow Much Higher with No Relief from the "Pulling" Sensation

+1

Agree that it's best for you to go back and see the plastic and cosmetic surgeon that did your Lateral Brow Lift.  These type of Brow Lifts are designed to do a concentrated, focused pull that's not as reliable or long lasting as standard Brow Lifts.  

Photos don't match your description

+1

There is a discrepancy in your photo and your description. The left brow doesn't seem peaked...it actually seems a bit flat with no lateral arch. You are still early in the healing period. Wait at least 3 months before any decisions made on revision.

Good luck

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

+1

Please seek operative release of the elevated brow as soon as possible. Ask the surgeon to re operate.