Lateral Brow Lift for 22 Year Old Woman?

I am 22 years old, and I have noticed for the past few years that the end part of my brows droop down. This gives a somewhat sad expression. I really want to correct this, and have tried botox before. I didn't get great results, and I am not sure why that is. I noticed when I tie my hair up in a ponytail, my brows look lifted and much better. It also compliments my eyes more. Is a lateral brow lift the only option here? I would like to try the least invasive thing that I can.

Lateral subcutaneous brow lift works.

+2

Hi.

Obviously this has nothing to do with aging.  If you like the shape of your face better with the outer brows a little higher, that's OK.  Cosmetic surgery can improve the quality of your life and is quite safe.

+2

I agree that at 22 years old, you're too young for any type of Brow Lift, including a Lateral Brow Lift which is marginally effective at best IMO.  To lift any section, of the eyebrow, the forehead tissues must be dissected all the way to the upper orbital rim (eyesocket) and the periosteum cut so the eyebrow is mobile.  The Lateral Brow Lift does not do this much dissection but rather relies on sutures or some other suspension method, to lift the eyebrow, that do not work or last, IMO.  Try having your lateral brows professionally shaped and or use eyebrow pencils to create the appropriate eyebrow shape.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Brow lift in a 22 year old

+2
I am going to take a contrarian point of view. You have not posted photos but you are 22 and frankly I cannot imagine indications for a brow lift if you do not have true ptosis. Some women have straight rather than curbed brows. My first reaction is that perhaps you should see an esthetician who can reshape your brows. I have serious misgivings that someone of your age really needs a brow lift.

Lateral Brow Lift for 22 Year Old Lady

+2

If you are not satisfied with the brow elevation achieved with Botox, which is not unusual, a lateral brow lift with a small incision in the temporal scalp is your best choice other than always tying your hair in a ponytail.

Botox can often raise the tail of the eyebrows but not always, browlift surgery is the next solution

+2

When Botox is used for a "non-surgical" browlift it sometimes looks amazing, but not always. What we are depending on is relaxing the muscles that pull the tail of the brow down, called depressors, so that the muscles that pull against them (the elevators) are unopposed. Unfortunately not everyone gets a great result. That really depends on your anatomy and direction of muscle pull.

If you desire a more dramatic and long lasting result a browlift is the solution. Depending on your anatomy and evaluation by your surgeon, you might be a candidate for either endoscopic browlift or superficial temporal browlift.

Web reference: http://www.mdface.com/proc_browlift.html

Endoscopic Brow Lift

+2

Dear Ameera4:

If you like the look you get with you hair tied back, and you can't get the same effect with Botox, then an endoscopic brow lift is likely to help. It is surgery, but can be done through small incisions placed within the hair. I cannot tell if you are a candidate via the Internet, but if an endoscopic brow lift sound less invasive enough, consider getting consultation in your area with a board certified plastic surgeon who is familiar with the endoscopic brow lift, and the alternative treatments.

Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon

Lateral brow lift in a young person

+2

Yes, I think that your situation may benefit from a surgical lift.  Techniques may vary from different plastic surgeons.  Having failed to get lateral brow elevation from Botox suggests that  you require a physical lift through surgery.  The scar is nicely hidden by your hair.  Endoscopic techniques may be the answer for you.  Please see several doctors to find out the best option for you.  

Lateral Brow Lift

+2

It is almost impossible to give you advice in your situation since you are young and you didn't post any pictures. A lateral cutaneous brow lift when appropriate to the patient work extremely well if done correctly and gives the rejuvenated look that many aging men or women are looking for. It has minimum complications and once the scars are healed are almost no noticeable. In the aging process the medial brows tend to raise while the lateral brows tend to descend. For a period of time many plastic surgeons were performing endoscopic brow lifts( some still do although it has been on the decline) and the medial brow was elevated giving the surprised look. Many studies have shown that the lateral brow and lateral upper eyelid hooding is the problem. Very pleasing aesthetic upper eyelids are full with low set brows. When excess skin develops over the eyes as we age the brows consistently try to lift the brows and eyes to improve vision most of the elevation is in the medial brows hence the elevation of the medial brows. The vector of lift in the lateral brow id minimal and so the lateral brow descends. That is why performing the lateral brow lift obtains more aesthetic natural results with out the surprised look in most cases!

Good luck

Web reference: http://www.talroudnerplasticsurgery.com

Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Lateral brow lift on 22 year old

+1

I agree with others that a lateral brow lift is probably not the best idea for a 22 year old and certainly not guaranteed to be a lasting solution. I would try Botox and brow shaping.

Web reference: http://www.seattleface.com/html/brow_lift.php

Lateral Brow Lift- Great Results

+1

Although 22 years old is quite young to "need" a browlift, there are some people who inherit a very low brow, especially laterally. A properly executed lateral brow lift accomplishes a significant and aesthetically pleasing appearance to the lateral brow and eyelid area. This technique involves an incision behind the hairline, above the ear on each side of the temple. An endoscopic dissection is performed to avoid nerve damage. The release is carried all the way down to the eyebrow and then the tissue (superficial temporal fascia) is tightened for a long lasting result. Less invasive browlifting techniques that involve suspension sutures, fixation sutures, or do not dissect to the brow seem to have minimal results, in my opinion. 

Detroit Oculoplastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.