Can I Get a Lasting, Pleasing Result with a SPAIR Mastopexy Wo Implant? I Want Full, Perky Breasts. Can I Get That with a SPAIR?

I'm 5'5, 150 and wear a 34DD. Considering a lift w or wo implant & have 2 opinions. Dr1 gave me a 1hr consult, measured, discussed goals, etc. Said that with a SPAIR he can lift and reshape wo significantly changing my size giving me the perk and volume that I want. I tried to set up a consult with Dr2. Scheduler called me back, asked my ht, wt and bra size, said I need a lift w/implant and it would be $15k. She said if she still had me after $15k she would schedule a 1on1 consult with the Dr.

+1

If you are happy with your size, then a breast lift without implants could produce the result you are looking to achieve. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast lifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Avoid vertical breast scars

+1

At size 34 DD, you certainly do not need implants.  Unfortunately, you have not provided any photographs but you may be a candidate for a new technique that avoids the ugly vertical scars of the SPAIR technique or worse the boat anchor incision.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Aligning the areola and breast tissue over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection without the use of implants. 

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift Auto-Augmentation Technique

+1

You have a number of options which will depend on your current anatomy.  Breast lift plastic surgery can improve the profile of sagging breasts, making breasts look more youthful and perky.Breast lift surgery is done to improve the profile of sagging breasts, changing their position on the body to appear more youthful.  I've posted an ABC news video for my preferred breast lift technique for you.  Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Breast lift and SPAIR technique

+1

WIthout seeing photos or better yet an exam in person, it is difficult to say what would be right for you.  A SPAIR is one way to perform a limited incision breast lift. Good luck.

Dr 1

+1

As the other consultants have mentioned. You need a consultation -like Dr 1 gave you. I would never let a scheduler try to pre screen you for  a personal consultation. No one tell you by phone what is best

Glenn Lyle, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Mastopexy with or without implant

+1

Hi MM. Wish there were photo's. However sounds straight forward to me. Does not sound like you need an implant. I would never consult with someone who has not seen you and the nurse tells you what you need.

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Operation for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question but it will be difficult for you to receive specific advice without the benefit of pictures and/or physical examination. In other words, nothing will replace in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons; physical examination, communication of your goals, and a detailed discussion of the potential risks/complications associated with surgical options will be necessary.

For example, during physical examination, your plastic surgeon will be able to evaluate the quantity and quality of breast tissue and overlying skin;  these factors will be important when it comes to achieving relatively long-lasting "full, perky breasts”.

Based on your description and concerns, it sounds like you may benefit from additional in-person consultations. I generally suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery  to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices  concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask  to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

You will find,  while doing your due diligence,  that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you;  again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.   

I hope this,  and the attached link, helps.