I Had my Lasik Surgery 3 Weeks Ago. Sometimes my Eyes Becomes Very Red.Should I Be Worried?

I had my Lasik surgery 3 weeks ago... Sometimes my eyes goes really red... Yesterday I went to work ( I work with computer) and after work I realized that both my eyes were really red. However, I did not feel any thing... I am still using drops for dryness. Should I be concerned?

Dry Eyes After LASIK

+1

It is not unusual to have some temporary dry eye after Laser Vision Correction(Lasik or PRK). This will vary, of course, from patient to patient, but also on the time of year. My practice is in Baltimore, Maryland, so,  in the winter, when the heat is on, I usually hear more complaints of a week or two of dryness post Lasik, PRK or cataract surgery,  than in the warmer, more humid months. I feel that this is most likely the cause of the redness you are experiencing. I would recommend increasing the use of artificial tears, as well as drinking an extra glass of water or two a day. If th symptoms persist, you should call or see your surgeon.

Baltimore Ophthalmologist

Looking at a computer for long periods can cause dryness

+1

Dryness is very likely.  Even those without LASIK tend to get dry eyes working long hours on a computer.

Christopher Coad, MD
New York Ophthalmologist

Lasik lasek dry eyes

+1

It may be due to dry eyes, ask your doctor for punctal plugs, LASIK unfortunately causes permanent mild dryness afterwards.  Just take your preservative free tears, and ask your doctor if you may benefit from punctal plugs.

Emil Chynn, MD
New York Ophthalmologist