I Had Lasik Surgery, Now I Have Graves Disease Are They Related?

I had dry eye before my lasik, now I think I may have graves disease? do you think this is related to the lasik surgery?

Graves disease is a thyroid condition

No.  Graves disease is a thyroid condition.  However, thyroid disease can contribute to dry eyes which can affect LASIK surgery.

New York Ophthalmologist

LASIK and Grave's disease

LASIK can aggravate one's dryness for a period of time.  If you have Grave's disease, this can cause dryness as well as a host of other ocular issues. Speak with your eyeMD about this.

Sandy Feldman, MD
San Diego Ophthalmologist

Dry eye, Lasik and Grave's disease

You lasik disease is not likely to be related. However, it is not uncommon for patients to report dry eye symptoms after Lasik. This can considerably aggravate dry eye symptoms and complaints associated with the exopthalmos secondary to the Grave's disease.