Lasik on Scarred Cornea

I had a bacterial keratitis 4 months back which left small scar on my rt cornea. Vision is 6/6,power -6,thickness 526. Kindly conferm any surgery to remove scar,dependency on glasses n distubed vision(halos,starburst,haziness) due to scar nr to pupillary axis.I dont want to wear Rgp lenses.thankyou.

LASIK on Scarred Cornea

+2

Dear Mithas

It is possible to perform laser vision correction in individuals who have scarring from infections.  One important factor is whether you can obtain excellent vision presently with glasses.  If you do have excellent corrected vision, you should obtain a consultation to determine which procedure is best for your eyes. 

San Diego Ophthalmologist

LASIK in eyes with corneal scars

+1

Most corneas with scars can have LASIK.  Some may find that with PRK that the density of the scar can be reduced. 

Chicago Ophthalmologist

Many corneas with scarring can undergo LASIK safely

+1

This very much depends on the scar.  Many corneas with scarring can undergo LASIK safely.  It's important to find a surgeon who has a lot of experience and will only choose those patients with the best candidacy to operate. 

New York Ophthalmologist