Lasik on Scarred Cornea

I had a bacterial keratitis 4 months back which left small scar on my rt cornea. Vision is 6/6,power -6,thickness 526. Kindly conferm any surgery to remove scar,dependency on glasses n distubed vision(halos,starburst,haziness) due to scar nr to pupillary axis.I dont want to wear Rgp lenses.thankyou.

LASIK on Scarred Cornea

Dear Mithas

It is possible to perform laser vision correction in individuals who have scarring from infections.  One important factor is whether you can obtain excellent vision presently with glasses.  If you do have excellent corrected vision, you should obtain a consultation to determine which procedure is best for your eyes. 

San Diego Ophthalmologist