Lasik Enhancement

Can an enhancement be done just to correct haloing and starbursting? What is the chance that with an enhancement that it would go away? Supposedly I have 20/20 in my right and 20/30 in my left but still noticing haloing and starbursting 2 months after. Makes driving at night horrible, so therefore I've been staying inside at night for the past 2 months. What problems does a second wavefront scan show that would indicate these issues?

Enhancements can often help

+1

Enhancements can often help but it is generally recommended that you wait 3 months after your LASIK procedure.

New York Ophthalmologist

LASIK enhancements for night vision problems

+1

Many patients will notice starbursting or halos during the first 3 months after LASIK.  These usually subside.  It is possible that an enhancement may be necessary to resolve the issue.

Dean Dornic, MD
Raleigh-Durham Ophthalmologist

Enhancement for night vision issues after LASIK

+1

It sounds as if you having difficulty with your night vision after LASIK.  I would recommend that you speak with your eyeMD to determine whether an enhancement may benefit.  If glasses help these symptoms, it is likely that an enhancement may help as well.  There are other tests to determine the cause of your complaints and whether an enhancement may be beneficial for you.

Sandy Feldman, MD
San Diego Ophthalmologist