Lasik and Oral Steroid Combination Now Allowed?

i'm on low dose steroids ( prednisolone 10mg/ day) and while searching on the websites about lasik i read that lasik is not allowed in patients on prednisone but i read also that patients use steroids drops after the surgery.. so why the oral form is not allowed and if so for how long should i stop the drugs before the surgery ??

Oral steroids after LASIK

+1

It's not true you can't take oral steroids after LASIK. That'll actually cut the risk of DLK which can happen after LASIK. I give all my LASEK patients oral steroids to prevent pain and scarring. Just tell your surgeon

New York Ophthalmologist