Can Lasers Cause Wrinkling?

I recently had laser genesis performed on my face to removed some redness from a past acne breakout. my last session was on January 3rd and I had a strange adverse reaction to it. it felt very tight almost like a mask and very dry. Thankfully that has been resolved but I have now noticed that I have bunny lines around my nose which I've never had before. My skin also seems less dewey. Can Laser Genesis cause more damage then help? Is there a possibility that this "thermal Damage" is just damage?

Laser Genesis Complications

+2

Laser Genesis is a gentile laser treatment that does not require anesthesia. Because topical anesthesia is not used, the skin is protected from overtreatment that could lead to injury. Possible complications include temporary redness and swelling, pigment changes in skin, blisters or sores, infection or scarring if the skin is disrupted. These complications are rare in experienced hands. Laser genesis improves skin color and tone. It is very likely that the new lines you noticed were already present, but not noticed before the treatment. Laser genesis has a mild wrinkle reducing effect as well, and is not likely to cause additional wrinkling.

Burley Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser Genesis

+1

Your pores have been tightened and there is less oil being secreted and you will need a mild moisturizer, or just a good sunscreen like the Neutrogena with Zinc or Titanium. Thank you for your question and good luck with everything.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Can laser genesis make my skin worse?

+1

Laser genesis is a gentle treatment that does not make skin look worse.  Bunny lines are caused by muscle action and are not related to skin changes.  It is not uncommon after undergoing a treatment to pay more attention to details that you might not have noticed before.  In all likelihood the changes you are seeing now were present before laser genesis treatment/

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon