Lasers Are Confusing—what Type of Laser Resurfacing is Best for the First Signs of Aging?

Attention all doctors who have experience using multiple laser-resurfacing modalities: between C02, erbium, fully ablative, fractionally ablative and non-ablative, which laser/combination of lasers is best for the first signs of aging? Specifically, I'm an early-30s, fair-skinned woman interested in smoothing fine lines (forehead, lip region) and preventing further facial deterioration overall. I don't mind a week (max) of downtime per year. Which specific equipment should I be seeking out? Thx!

Laser for Early 30's

Aesthetic light (lasers and IPL) can be helpful for facial aging, even for patients in their early 30's.  There are several factors to help determine which modality is best for you:

• Skin type (Coloration)
  • Signs of aging (Brown spots, texture, fine lines, irregularities, etc)
  • Downtime

There are so many name brands of lasers but be more particular about the wavelength and modality of the laser.  In general, patients in their early 30's often seek quicker recovery procedures with less overall risk.

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon