Best Laser For Skin To Look It's Best?

hi im a big beliver in prevention is better than a cure. i am a skin type 3 to 4, male and in my 20s,. i would like to know what laser procedures i should or expect to get or if i need any to make my skin look even better etc etc. i dont really have any problems although i find as i age i dont see that crystal clear look anymore and i i always feel like i look blotchy. i wear spf everyday. is fraxel the best laser around these days? is it goood for blackheads?

Lasers for rejuvenation

+1

Laser treatments are very useful for skin rejuvenation. What is most important is to be sure you are treated by a well skilled board certified physician. Please see attached link covering this very topic in the news, USa today,  Sept 2011

Try the Retin A family of products first, then lasers

+1

Before you start spending money on laser treatments, you should consider using one of the products from the Retin A family.  Not only would it help your blackheads, you will notice an improvement in the skin cell turn over rate which will in turn improve the dull, dusty and blotchy look of your skin.  I would encourage you to give this at least a four month trial. If you do proceed with a laser treatment, you will want someone who has a non-ablative laser (Fraxel is fine) and experience with type 4 skin.  Be sure your sunscreen has full UVA and UVB coverage and you reapply it every two hours. 

Ann Lott, MD
Lincoln Dermatologist