Which Laser Works Better for Improving the Appearance of Stretch Marks?

I have some stretch marks on my hips and thighs. They are not too deep and somewhat lighter than my skin. I have been to two places, one of which offers to treat me with 3 treatments of Erbium and Yag-Ktp as well as CIT (collagen induction therapy I think) The other place offers to treat me with Amaris. Which one of these laser works better for improving the appearance of stretch marks? Do they even work at all?

Stretch marks hips and thigh

+1

Unfortunately stretch marks cannot be removed by any non-surgical method. The only way they can be removed is through surgery. Stretch marks are caused because the skin is stretched beyond its capacity to recoil. Its like a rubber band that is over stretched and can never regain its original shortened length. What you speak of may provide some camoflauge but it will likely still be visually evident. Surgically in the areas you have shown will likely yield an unsightly scar. Visit with a plastic surgeon.

Artisan 1540 to Treat Stretch Marks

+1

In my pratice we utilize the Artisan 1540™: Fractional non-ablative laser to treat stretch marks that are fully developed and are white or light in color.

Fractional resurfacing is a selective treatment, that leaves the surface of the skin unharmed. Instead, the laser damages tiny columns of skin, creating hundreds of microscopic wounds that boost collagen production and help the body heal stretch marks.

Fractional non-ablative lasers boast a short recovery time – the skin will just be pink in the treated region for about a week.

Treatment of the lower abdomen takes about an hour and half, but it takes five to six treatments to see results. Sessions should be spaced three to four weeks apart.

Fractional lasers cannot remove stretch marks completely. After six treatments, the stretch marks should fade by about 50%.

I hope this information helps. Best of Luck,

Dr. Clevens

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fraxel, stretch marks, vbeam, ndyag

+1

There are new laser treatments available for stretch mark removal. We use vbeam or fraxel, and have been successfully treated them in our practices.  I have utilized Nd-Yag for few cases and seen some improvement.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Stretchmarks

+1

Some treatments may make stretchmarks less noticeable by making their color more like the surrounding skin but none of them complete erase stretchmarks. Stretchmarks are the result of damage to some skin elements and we currently have no reliable way to correct that. Currently the most reliable way is to remove the skin with stretchmarks and that is done every day around the world by abdominoplasty surgery. That does not apply in your case.

Aaron Stone, MD