Laser Vein Removal on my Legs and Feet - Before or After PAL Liposuction?

I have slightly veins on my legs and feet which I want removed via laser. I am planning to have PAL liposuction on my outer thighs. Can you please advise me whether I should have my veins removed before or after my liposuction treatment?- which way would be more beneficial for better results?

Do leg vein treatments after liposuction on the thighs

+1

You probably will be asked to wear a compression garment on the thighs after liposuction and this can contribute to some pressure in the legs which might decrease the effectiveness of the vein treatments by increasing the pressure in the veins.  You could wear a different type of garment that goes from the feet up to the hip but I still wouldn't risk losing the financial investment in treating the leg veins prior to the liposuction

Liposuction and Laser Vein Therapy

+1

I would recommend doing the vein therapy AFTER your planned liposuction. You can develop more prominent superficial/spider veins in your legs after liposuction, so your money will be better spent on laser treatments when you have completely recovered from your lipo. There is no contraindication to do laser before lipo, it's just that you may need additional laser after lipo so it's more of a common sense decision. Typically, I'd wait at least 2 months after lipo before doing your laser treatments. Best of luck to you!

Derek Lou, MD