Best Laser Treatment for Rosacea Redness?

I have suferd from awful/embarasing rosacea facial redness for 15yrs, also have capilarys on nose/chin. Treatment-Im currently using Metrogel 1%/500mg tetracycline everynite for past 4 months and results have been ok but isnt enough. I have melasma & skin is sensitive to harsh stuf. My last resort is doing laser therapy to either completly remove/much better manage the redness-im @ my wits end. Which IPL or other laser treatment will drasticaly improve redness? How long will results last?

Would suggest the VBeam laser...IPL isn't a laser...

+1

while both may help, the likelihood of significant improvement is greater with the laser (VBeam)...works quickly and effectively...you should see results in the immediate future and without side effects...and avoid both excessive sun (wear a hat) and heat...

Clearing Rosacea With the Vbeam laser

+1

For Rosacea, I would recommend the V-beam laser over IPL. The difference between a laser and a light based therapy like IPL is that each laser only uses one specialized wavelength to do a specific job.  IPL uses several.

The V-beam laser uses the 595nm wavelength which is easily absorbed by hemoglobin in the blood vessels. This is how it enters the vessels in order to seal them up.

The body will then dispose of this waste tissue which clears the redness from your skin.  Results are permanent because the laser is actually getting rid of the blood vessels causing the redness.  Here is a video of a patient who had V-beam treatments on his chest to get rid of his Rosacea.

Web reference: http://www.finetouchdermatology.com/los-angeles-rosacea/

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Which treatment is better for rosacea?

+1

Antibiotics and topical rosacea medications work much better on papules or pustules, and don't really do a great job with diffuse redness.

For the type of diffuse redness you have IPL should work well.  Make sure you are off the tetracycline if you decide to have any laser treatments, as tetracycline makes your skin more sensitive to light.

For discrete visible blood vessels, NdYAG or pulse dye laser would probably be better.

Also, it's necessary to control factors that aggravate rosacea.  That includes everything that warms up the face, like hot showers, direct sunlight, spicy foods, hot drinks, alcohol, and even exercise.

With exercise, I recommend that my patients apply a washcloth or paper towel with cool water to the face right after exercise to help shrink down the dilated blood vessels.

Once the rosacea is treated, it is possible that the melasma may become more apparent because the redness of the rosacea is helping mask it somewhat.

Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon