Laser Tummy Tuck or Tummy Tuck?

I am a 35 yr old female. I am 5'4" tall and weigh about 220 lbs. I have been looking at tummy tucks but the recovery time is too long. What do u suggest?

Laser Tummy Tuck or Traditional Tummy Tuck?

+1

From your photos, it appears that you may be a good candidate for a short scar abdominoplasty that includes tightening of the abdominal wall, abdominal liposuction, and modest skin removal. Laser liposuction will not tighten your abdominal wall.

Getting ready for a body contouring procedure

+1

Based on your description, you will need to first reach or be within 20 pounds of your target weight before considering any body contouring procedures. When this is accomplished, you can consult with 3 - 4 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to explore your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck vs. Laser Liposuction

+1

Dear AZ76,

Taking into consideration your BMI, I would recommend that you lose weight enough for you to gain candidacy for the surgery.

Also, you may be a better candidate for alternative surgeries/procedures. Without photographs it is hard to make a stronger opinion.

Therefore, I encourage you to seek consultation with a surgeon of extensive experience to assess the laxity and the excess of your skin.

You may be a candidate for alternative surgeries/procedures.

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

I am 5'4", 220 lbs, and unhappy with my tummy - Laser Liposuction or Tummy Tuck?

+1

Dear AZ76,

Choosing between liposuction and a tummy tuck depends on a number of factors including your condition, overall health, goals, needs, and expectations.

As others have stated, it would be advisable for you to lose some weight (eg. at least 15-20 pounds) before considering any body contouring procedures.

Once you have achieved a stable weight, I would consult with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who performs both laser liposuction of the abdomen and tummy tucks so that you can fully understand the pros and cons of each treatment.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD

Tummy Tuck

+1

Thank you for your question. Thank you for your question.  Unfortunately, I cannot give you guidance without photos.  I recommend you see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Ready for Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+1

Although there are no “absolutes”,  I think you will be better off reaching a long-term stable weight prior to undergoing any type of body contouring surgery. Doing so will help minimize risks associated with surgery as well as decrease the chances that further surgery will be necessary down the line.

Seek consultation with your physicians, personal trainer, and/or nutritionists.

Tummy tuck

+1

Dear AZ76,

It is very important that you decide , what are you trying to achieve with surgery ?  Since your BMI is 37, you are not a good candidate for liposuction. A much better option for you is tummy tuck. If you want to look better - flat stomach, and healthier - lose weight , tummy tuck will do it for you.  Quite a few of my patients lost over 30lbs after surgery. The reason for the weight loss is the tightening of the belly muscles. This puts pressure on the stomach and consequently reduces the amount of food that you can eat comfortably. Also, you feel hungry much later in the day. You may also, read the book 'Sugar Busters' , it will teach you the physiology of making fat by your body and give you excellent recommendation for how to lose weight. As far as recovery time, it depends on your work. If you have a desk type job, you can return to work after one week. I recommend to my patients to avoid heavy lifting and excercise for 6 weeks. For what you are getting from the procedure, the sacrifice is well worth it !

Shlomo Widder, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

As excesive overweight as worst results with any lypo/mientras mas sobrepeso mas riesgos y pobres resultados de lypo

+1

very respectuosly adressed to you, you  still are not in conditions to realize any kind of surgery,spetially this kind.

you should loose at least no less than  60 pounds in order  to programm to you

muy respetuosamente me  dirijo a ud para decirle que no esta en condiciones de ser intervenida de cualquier  cirugia electiva precisamente de este tipo.

ud deberia de perder no menos de 60 lbs para poder programarla a cualquier  clase de lypo

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck or laser liposuction what"s appropriate for a 5'4" 35 yrs Old.

+1

A: You have a BMI of 37. There fore you are considered obese. The first thing to do, is to loose weight and have control over your weight. Then you need to consult a board certified plastic surgeon to advise you what he thinks is the best procedure for you. Without a consultation and proper examination no one”s advice is valuable. I will answer your question to give you some general knowledge. After wt loss you may have some redundant skin and still some residual fat. A Lipoabdominoplasty would probably be the procedure to give you the optimal results. Laser liposuction will not be the answer and will not make any difference for you.

Farhad Rafizadeh, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck or Coolsculpting

+1

Thanks for your question.  It's hard to really give you any exact choices without seeing your pictures, but I commonly perform liposuction, tummy tucks, and Coolsculpting to treat the extra skin and fat of the abdomen.  Coolsculpting might be good for you as there is no downtime and no surgery! 

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD