Laser Treatments Vs Chemical Peels for Longer-lasting Results?

I would like to make an educated decision on what would be best for me. Which between laser treatments and chemical peels would give me longer-lasting results?

Laser Resurfacing vs. Chemical Peels

+1

Both chemical peels and laser resurfacing can provide long term benefits, We tend to prefer laser as we tend to have greater control and consistency with the results. Howeverm the choice must meet your goals and lifestyle.

Chemical Peels vs Laser Resurfacing

+1

Hi Patti-Anne,

Certainly, living in sunny Florida you can expect to have some photodamage on your sun exposed skin. The answer to your question regarding chemical peels vs laser resurfacing depends on your goals and your tolerance for wounding and recovery. The deeper the treatment the greater the benefit, the longer the recovery, and the more the risk of complications.

A superficial chemical peel will create no down time and recovery and improve color and texture. An intermediate chemical peel will give seven days of deep unsightly peeling. Deeper pigment and even pre-skin cancers can be improved with this depth of treatment. A non-ablative laser such as Fraxel will create three days of swelling and a few days of light peeling. The expected results can also improve brown spots; as well as, wrinkles and scars. A CO2 laser resurfacing will create the deepest wound with 7-10 days of redness, swelling, and serous drainage and a prolonged redness lasting weeks to months. The results are the best for wrinkle and scar and even some tissue tightening.

The important thing to remember is to consult a highly trainned, board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who can help counsel you to make the best decision regarding your care!

Sugar Land Dermatologic Surgeon

Both treatments can offer lasting results

+1

Resurfacing lasers and medium-depth chemical peels can both offer lasting results with respect to skin tightening, improvements in fine lines and wrinkles, and sun-damaged skin. I recommend that you seek out a qualified, board certified specialist for an individualized treatment plan that would best address your concerns.

Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist