Laser Treatment for Veins on Nose Caused Dent on Tip

I got laser treatment for veins on my nose which in turn caused a dent. on the tip my nose. When I had the laser treatment done there was smoke & I could smell burning skin. I think he went too deep! 3 years later I still have this reddish dent on the tip of my nose. It's all I can see whren I look in the mirror. It is pretty deep. what can be done?

Nasal Tip Skin Dent

+2

Scars in the nasal tip skin are difficult to correct because the skin is thick, lacks mobility, and there is little excess adjacent skin. I would recommend trying fillers initially. If you're not satisfied, scar excision with closure or a small skin graft may be your only choice.

Pulse Dye laser can help

+2

Although uncommon, it is occasionally seen following vein therapy. I would suggest Pulse Dye Laser and or Fraxel Laser to smooth the area out. Also, an occasional filler such as Juvederm will lift the dent out. Worst case scenario,  would involve minor scar revision surgery followed by Dermabrasion. Dr. G

Edward J. Gross, MD
Orlando Facial Plastic Surgeon

Correction of Nose Tip Depression / Dent after Laser Treatment of Vein

+2

Regarding:  "I got laser treatment for veins on my nose which in turn caused a dent. on the tip my nose. When I had the laser treatment done there was smoke & I could smell burning skin. I think he went too deep! 3 years later I still have this reddish dent on the tip of my nose. It's all I can see whren I look in the mirror. It is pretty deep. what can be done?"

You appear to have an indented scar at the tip of the nose. Without an examination it is hard to tell if it was doe to a burn, as you imply, or due to loss of deep tissue support leading to a collapse of tissue and ending in the same appearance.

There are a few potential solutions depending on the skin's suppleness and mobility. The scar and depression could be cut and nearby skin can be moved in from both sides (either by a straight excision or a flap) to fill this depression. The depression will be filled and smoothed but you will have a thin scar instead. The other way is to undermine the scar area with a sharp needle to cut all the attachments that pull the skin in and then fill and the lift the depression with a filler (Restylane, Juvederm, Radiesse or fat). If this does not work, you can go back and have option one.

Good Luck.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Depressed areas can be improved with multiple options

+1

These small contour irregularities can be improved with multiple techiniuqes including fillers, fractional laser and nonablative laser treatments.

Richard Gentile, MD
Youngstown Facial Plastic Surgeon