Laser Treatment for Skin Rejuvenation on Upper Cheek and Eyes?

I am 39 yrs old and 18 months ago, I had a full face CO2 Laser rejuvenation. Despite overall improved skin quality in the past 6 months, I have developed under eye bags, creping, shadows and upper cheek volume loss. I look tired and worn out. When I pull the skin of my face back slightly, it improves.

I wonder if the Laser treatment tightened the skin and now it has 'dropped', not back to its previous position, but worse than before? I am loathe to use dermal fillers. Can anyone recommend a suitable laser treatment for this issue? Thanks.

Skin rejuvenation after CO2 laser

+1

Your eye area would benefit from light CO2 resurfacing treatments but you may also require a blepharoplasty.  Fillers are the best treatment for volume loss in your cheeks.  If you need some tightening, Thermage is an option.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

Toronto Dermatologist

Laser Tretment for Skin Rejuvenation on Upper Cheek and Eyes

+1

I am in agreement that it seems as though you have lost facial volume.  When there is a decrease in volume the underlying structures appear more promenent  (ex. bags under the eyes) and folds can develope. I would recommend the following plan for you.

• For Loss of Facial Volume:  Microfat injections
  • For the Treatment of the Problem Areas of your lower lid:  Profractional Laser and a Tri-peptide Wrinkles Reducer.
  • Would not recommend another agressive Laser Resurfacing.  
Eau Claire Plastic Surgeon

Skin rejuvenation options: Ulthera and fat grafting

+1

Ulthera is a possible treatment option to tighten some of your sagging skin. However, fillers are the only way to restore volume in your face. And it is the volume that makes your face look youthful.

Would you consider fat grafting? Instead of a filler, a plastic surgeon could use your own fat to add volume back to your face.

Web reference: http://www.facialplastics.info/ulthera-skin-tightening.html

Laser Rejuvenation for upper half of face

+1

While fractional CO2 laser resurfacing can help to tighten and smooth fine lines, unless you replenish lost volume along upper 1/2 of the face with Sculptra (delayed but more natural gratification) or Radiesse (immediate gratification), you may not be fully satisfied.

Web reference: http://www.drwilliamting.com/Cosmetic_Dermatology.html

Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

+1

Reading your description, it doesn't seem to me that further laser surgery would be of benefit.  It will not help the eye bags or cheek volume loss.  I would need to see you, or at least pictures of you, to give you any reasonable recommendation.  This sounds more like a surgical problem.  Fillers could help but you already expressed your displeasure with them.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Laser for volume loss due to age

+1

It sounds like that you maybe a good candidate for a fractionated CO2 or similar fractionated technology such as Pearl Fusion. If you did well and liked the results with the original treatment you may need a touch up in the particular areas (around eyes and cheeks) to re-tighten. Also, it may be a good idea to get a consultation with a plastic surgeon for a potential tightening surgery.

Other, non-ablative tightening devices that your may benefit from is Thermage and Titan. They do not resurface the skin but do help to remodel your skin collagen to give you more firmer and tighter appearance.

Good luck!

Hollywood Dermatologist

Aging and Volume Loss in the Face

+1

Hi Maureen,

It sounds as if you are losing facial volume. We have had success using Fraxel repair laser in rejuvenating lax skin around the eyes and improving the appearance of the midface. If you are set on laser treatment, I would recommend fractional CO2 with Fraxel repair or Total FX.

Sorry to hear that you loathe fillers, but they may well be the best solution to your concerns. In addition, Sculptra or fat transfer are very good volume replacement treatments.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P