Is Laser Treatment Safe for 20 Years Old?

i am 20 years old,i have fair skin and have excessive hair on my face.i might have imbalanced hormones ,thats why there was a sudden hair growth.i had acne but i took medicines and they were completely gone but now they are coming back..so it might be my hormonal problem.i have no other issues.so if i have laser treatment,will it have any side effects?...

Laser hair removal in a young patient

+2

Age is not a defining feature in hair removal especially if you are certain that you do not want the hair in that location. I think based upon your expectations you would be a good candidate for permanent laser hair reduction. Good luck.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser treatment at 20

+2

Laser treatments can be done at any age, quite frankly. The most important thing is you receive treatments at medical office with a physician overseeing your treatments. However, if you have some type of hormonal irregularities you might first want to get some bloodwork done to assess those imbalances and start a specific regimen for those. I would recommend a trip to your GP for a blood panel at minimum.

Laser Treatment and Age

+1

It is perfectly safe to receive laser treatment at age 20. A wide variety of medical lasers and light systems are used to remove unwanted hair, however most lasers are not effective for all skin types and hair colors. At my practice, I use the Elos laser hair removal system, which is designed for permanent hair reduction by combining both optical and radiofrequency energy to deliver satisfying, longer lasting results with less discomfort than previous laser systems. All skin and all hair colors including gray and blonde hair are effectively treated. Faces, backs, arms, legs, faces, and bikini lines can be treated including those individuals with darkly pigmented skin. Treatments are administered every 4 weeks and generally 3 to 5 treatments are sufficient.

Laser hair removal

+1

Laser hair reduction can be performed at the age of 20.  It's important to get a consultation at a reputable medical office with good experience in laser hair removal.  Dr. Anatoli Freiman, Toronto Dermatology Centre

Toronto Dermatologist