Will laser treatment remove acne scars completely?

Laser Treatments for Acne Scars

+1
While laser treatments are extremely effective for treating Acne scars, any scarring is going to be very difficult to improve completely. Lasers will show significant improvement, but not 100% correction.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Acne Scars, Lasers

+1
The short answer is no-nothing will completely remove your acne scars.  Can we improve them-definitely yes.  Fractionated lasers, both ablative and non-ablative can make a definite improvement in post acne scarring.  It would take fewer treatments with the ablative but there is a longer downtime.  If you can live with the promise of improvement and not complete removal then I suggest you explore these options with the board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon experienced in the use of these lasers.

Peter J. Jenkin, MD, FAAD
Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon

+1
Without knowing or seeing the type of acne scars that you have, it is impossible to tell you if laser treatment would remove your acne scars.  With some types of acne scars, laser treatments can improve the scars but not necessarily remove them completely.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon