I just had a laser treatment on my upper lip. Isn't the hair supposed to be gone?

I still see hair everywhere. I know it takes a few treatments for all of it to be gone, but shouldn't the prominent hair be gone? So confused.

Laser Hair Removal in Multiple Treatments

+1
Typically, Laser Hair Removal requires multiple treatment sessions to see the full result. From one treatment you may not be able to discern much of a change except in terms of the rate at which hair in the treated region grows. Continue your treatments and monitor how the growth of hair in the region will begin to slow. Multiple treatments are necessary as only the hair in the growth stage of the growth cycle will be affected. 

Laser Hair Removal

+1
Significant results from laser hair removal may take 3-6 sessions or more. Follow up with your physician for optimal results.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
It takes 6-8 sessions of laser hair removal to see full result from your treatment, you'll begin to see much of the difference as weeks go by that the hair is growing at a slower rate and may be thinner in some areas but wont notice much change with your first sessions

Best regards

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Laser hair removal

+1
First, laser hair removal isn't instant. It takes about 2 weeks for the treated and effected hairs to fall out as the follicles release them. Second, only hairs in a specific growth cycle can be affected by each laser hair removal treatment, which is why you need multiple treatments.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD