Can Laser Treatment Cure Oily Skin?

Are there any laser treatments (or surgeries) to rid one of very greasy skin? (mine is especially in my nose, which needs washing every 30 minutes, and creams do not help). I truly do want those sebaceous glands obliterated, or at least subdued. Thank you for any help you can give.

Accutane or CO2 Laser Resurfacing will reduce sebaceous glands and reduce oily skin

+3

There is no surgical procedure to remove sebaceous glands.

The drug Accutane specifically inhibits oil production and reduces the number of functioning sebaceous glands and will help reduce oil production. Differin and Retin A and Tazarotine are less powerful drug options.

CO2 laser resurfacing can also help but I would use drugs first.

Frequent Microdermabrasions, Brevoxyl washes and Retin A is a safe starting point.

Laser is a better tool for other issues, not oiliness

+2

Bama:

Laser treatments are best for skin texture and pigmentation problems, where they can be very effective. I would not recommend them for the oilyness you describe.w

Dermatologists would be your best source of information. I suspect they would recommend surface treatments or oral medications, which would be helpful. You have probably already tried some of these before you would resort to more invasive measures such as laser.

Sutton Graham II, MD
Greenville Plastic Surgeon