Laser Treatment for Active Outdoor Person?

I'm a very active outdoor person (hiking,tennis, camping, snowboarding, scuba) all year round. Should I even bother getting laser treatment if it's going to make my face so sensitive?

Laser Treatment for Outdoor Person

+1

Thank you for your question. For the active outdoor person, I recommend winter treatments, provided you are not going to be skiing every weekend.  It is imperative to follow the after care instructions for the most effective and safest treatments possible. Some treatments do not require any downtime, whereas others require you to stay out of the sun for a week or more. You should stick to the noninvasive technologies if downtime will be difficult with your lifestyle.  Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with expertise in laser procedures for the most effective and safe treatments. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Laser Treatment for Active Outdoor Person

+1

A good, non-ablative laser treatment for people with active, outdoor lifestyles is Laser Genesis, which will stimulate collagen production, help with fine lines and diminish excess redness in the skin.  Be sure to always wear a full-spectrum SPF daily, rain or shine!

+1

Laser facial resurfacing is fine for active outdoor people.  You should keep in mind the season you are lasering your face.  You would need to stay out of direct sunlight for approximately a month after the procedure and of course wear 30spf sunscreen and a wide brimmed hat helps too.

+1

You will need to curtail your sun exposure for a period of time subsequent to any laser treatment. You will need to determine if that short term downtime if worth long term improvement. Consult with 3 - 4 board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options.