Laser Treatment for Discoloration After Rhinoplasty?

How much does it cost to fix discoloration from Rhinoplasty with laser? Do you have to be put out with anesthesia or can you actually just do it in the office awake? Also, is it multiple treatments or just a one time deal?

If I also have a bump where the discoloration is, do you think the laser will rid me of the bump or do you think the bump has something to do with the discoloration because they are in the same spot, so I feel it is coincidental.

Unusal to have hyperpigmentation

+1

It is unusul to have hyperpigmentation due solely to the rhinoplasty.  I agree to have this looked at and decide whether or not it is related to the surgery or some other skin problem leading to hyperpigmentation.

Youngstown Facial Plastic Surgeon

You probably don't need laser.

+1

Hi!

Goodness, where is your surgeon?  What you need is a detailed physical examination.  Laser is very rarely indicated after rhinoplasty.  You may need a revision.  Sorry I cannot give you specific advice.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Laser Treatment for Discoloration of Nose After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Madison Ave,

Most likely the bump and your discoloration are related.  Fractional lasers may help with the discoloration without addressing the bump.  If the bump bothers you, take care of that first, and if the discoloration persists then try laser treatment.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD