I Have Had Laser Treatment, 8 Days Later Face is Red Raw!! is This Normal?

hi i had v bean treatment 10 days ago, bruising cleared at day 5, but day 8 while i was going for lunch, i felt hugh heat from my face, it has been red right through day 10 now!! is this normal? i was told v beam would bring the redness to the surface and that everything would be clear in 2 weeks, but this is agony and very embarrasing, would have bene better off not getting it done

See dermatologist with laser experience for persistent redness after laser treatment

+1

I am sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience with the VBeam.  It has an excellent safety track record.  In fact, I believe that your bruising sibsided sooner than I would have expected.  

The most important piece of information is what was the indication for the laser treatment?  If it was for flushing with rosacea, then perhaps you are experiencing a rosacea flare that is unrelated to the laser.  If it was for what I call permared or broken blood vessels in the face, then your delayed worsening of the redness in your face is unusual and I would recommend you see a dermatologist with significant VBeam experience right away.  One can get persistent swelling from the VBeam, but this lasts 2-4 days depending on the settings.  You may also have an allergic reaction to any topicals you perhaps used in the meantime since the treatment.  

Sorry I can't be of more help, but I think this is a start.

Naples Dermatologic Surgeon