Is Laser Treatment Dangerous with Persons with Type One Diabetes at 79?

Is laser treatment dangerous for persons with type one diabetes , age 79?

Laser treatments and diabetics

+1

As long as you're talking about non-ablative lasers (those that don't remove skin) like IPL or Skin Tightening (ReFirme), there should be no reason you can't be treated. If you are talking about C02 or fractional lasers, you might take more time to heal. But that largely depends on whether your type 1 diabetes is well-controlled or not. I treat many people in their 70s and 80s, and some are diabetics. Consult your regular physician and your dermatologist, but I see no reason you cannot be treated.

Laser treatments in diabetics

+1

That really depends on the type of laser and what/where you are pointing it. Most facial skin lasers are not much different for the controlled diabetic. Vascular lasers used to ablate veins or superficial arteries can be very problematic when used on diabetics below the level of the knee.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

People with diabetes can be safely treated with lasers

+1

People with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes can be safely treated with lasers.

Depending on the quality of their circulation, conservative parameters might be appropriate with performing laser treatment of leg veins.

Age is no barrier to laser treatment, and I have treated plenty of people in their 70's and 80's.

Smokers are one group who sometimes heal more slowly after ablative or fractional-ablative laser treatment, so I worry more about them than I do about old people or diabetics.

Niagara Falls Dermatologic Surgeon