Fraxel Laser Treatment How Soon After Breast Implant Removal Surgery?

I had a doctor recommend I start fraxel laser as soon as 2 weeks after implant removal to help reduce the marks that will be left behind. Is this wise?! Should I wait longer?! Is 2 weeks too soon?

+1

Thank you for your question. As long as the skin is intact and no irritation, I don’t think it would harm you in any way. I would recommend consulting under the supervision of a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon for safest and best treatment option. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Fraxel laser for resurfacing of surgical scars

+1
I now colleagues that are performing Fraxel laser on reconstructive scars on the face as early as the day of suture removal but I prefer to wait six to eight weeks. I am not aware of any studies that have investigated the safety of doing Fraxel on the chest / breast area as soon as two weeks post operatively. Many patients who don't have Fraxel heal beautifully well. Others may get spread scars or raised / keloid scars. The Fraxel may help minimize the visual scars but has a risk of causing hyperpigmented scars on some patients. The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice. The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Ronald Shelton, MD