What Do I Need to Know About Laser Treatment for Acne?

Hi! I’m 19 years old. I live in Miami, Fl and I’m a victim of acne. I’ve tried everything and nothing works. I head about Laser treatments for current acne and I want to know how many sessions would I need, what is the average price for the treatment in Miami and what kind of Laser should I use and what kind of improvement am I going to see? Thanks.

Diode Laser

+2

IF all modalities have been tried and laser is the only solution then a diode laser at 1450nm has been shown clinically to be the most helpful since its wavelength reaches the sebacious glands. This laser works by destroying thesebaceous glands.

The cost would be about 400-500 a treatment and would take 4-5 treatments. This is a guess since costs in this country can vary considerably depending on location. Usually treatments are sold in a package to abate the expense somewhat. The procedure is moderately painful but a cooling device helps.

I trust you have been treated by at least one dermatologist. By trying "everything" I would hope this would include at least one course of Accutane, a host of antibiotics ( Soladyn, Doxycycline, Bactim, Zithromax, Keflex etc, aczole, benzoyl peroxide, topical antibiotics, vitamin and herbal therapy, and photodynamic therapy.

Good luck.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist