Laser Teeth Whitening vs. Bleaching

of both whitening options, which one is best and most recommended by dentists?

Laser Teeth Whitening

+1

Dr. Strait's answer is spot on; however, I will add that Dr. Christiansen concluded that the best way to whiten teeth is with a combination of in-office "power bleach" with take home bleaching trays.  

Tustin Cosmetic Dentist

Laser Teeth whitening no better than any other method.

+1

Laser teeth whitening is a farce.  According to Dr. Gordon Christiansen the founder of Clinical Research Associates and a leading authority and researcher on the efficacy of all dental materials and technology Lasers ad nothing to whitening.  He did extensive research on whitening and concluded the only thing lasers add is cost.

Wilton Cosmetic Dentist

Pros and Cons

+1

I always tell my patients, "If you're getting married or have a job interview tomorrow, or if you don't want to have to deal with whitening trays, laser whitening is great.  Otherwise, save your money and do the trays."  The trays are in fact much more predictable in my experience.  In fact, we provide trays to our Zoom whitening patients so they can go further if they want.

Memphis Cosmetic Dentist

"Best®" is hard to quantify

+1

If you are asking for convenience, that could be one answer. Deeper penetration? Perhaps another answer. Longest lasting? Maybe another.

The most in customer satisfaction has come from what is commonly called "Deep Bleaching" or "Kor Whitening®". It is not a product, but a technique that combines several products. The initial investment is more, but touch-ups are less frequent, so in a 5 year period it may end up cheaper.

So, is laser whitening the best? For you, maybe.

Web reference: http://www.bestSeattleDentist.com

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Trays are better.

+1

No.  Tray bleaching will work better and cost less.  Plus you can keep the trays to touch up relatively inexpensively in the future, if you want.

Additionally, the only time I ever hear about a 'permanent' or long-term tooth sensitivity caused by whitening is from the 'laser' or light activated type of whitening procedure.

Interestingly,  most dentist that offer 'laser' whitenings aren't actually using a laser.  Rather they are using a blue-light.   Zoom and Bright-smile are both blue lights.  If anyone is getting one of these procedures done, and the dentist says its a laser (or a UV light light for that matter), my recommendation is to immediately leave because that dentist doesn't know what they are doing.

New York Cosmetic Dentist