I Am a Laser Tech and Recently Found out That I Am Pregnant, is Safe for ME to Operate a Laser Throughout my Pregnancy?

There isn't any research that I can find on this subject? Please help ASAP!

Read each manual.

+1

Some pulsed dye laser systems have dye cartridges that should not be handled by pregnant or nursing women. I would check the tech manual on each laser. If you can't find the manual, the manufacturer of the laser can help you, or one can frequently download the information off of the internet. 

Alpharetta Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser techs and pregnancy

+1

Over the years I've had several laser technicians become pregnant and continue working for me and doing laser treatments throughout their pregnancies. None of them had any complications and their physicians had no concerns about them doing laser treatments, including diode lasers, IPL, radio frequency, and YAG. I see no reason why this would be a concern. Good luck!!

F. Victor Rueckl, MD