Is Laser Tattoo Removal Safe After Tummy Tuck?

How safe is it to get laser Tattoo removal on the abdominal skin after a Tummy tuck? Should you wait a year or more, until everything is completely healed, before you have it done?

Also, are there any special considerations for tattoos that surround the new belly button created by abdominoplasty? Thanks.

Laser Tattoo Removal after Tummy Tuck

+1

It should be safe to have both a laser tattoo removal as well as a tattoo only a short period of time following your TT.  Both procedures are quite superficial and should not generally interfere with blood supply.

Laser tattoo removal after Tummy Tuck depends upon your skin and surgery

+1

You will probably be OK here but I would defer to your tummy tuck surgeon. He did your surgery and saw how you healed. The area near the belly button has had its blood supply altered in the process of having your tummy tuck surgery.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Have done laser tatoo removal in this setting

+1

I have done laser tattoo removal in this setting as early as three months.  I suggest patients wait six months until getting a new tatoo, but you should discuss these things with your plastic surgeon as the types of abdomioplasties performed vary and this may affect the time you need to wait.

W. Tracy Hankins, MD