How to Fix Laser Tattoo Removal Scar?

What should I do to fix my skin after a laser tattoo removal? I have some scarring that looks like an imprint of the the tattoo that was once there.

How to fix Laser Tattoo Removal Scar

+1

currently the most effective treatment for hypopigmented scarring is the 1540 or 1550nm Fraxel laser.  It does help to blend the hypopigmentation and also improves the texture, so find a dermatologist that has Fraxel laser.

Cincinnati Dermatologic Surgeon

Could just be the faded tattoo

+1

This could be just the faded tattoo. If it is thinned skin or raised, it could be a scar. The phyisician who removed the tattoo should see it and suggest treatment. It could require use of a silicone gel or maybe even surgery.

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon