Is Laser Tattoo Removal an Option for Me - Keloidal Tendencies?

Hi, I have a 2x3 inch tattoo on my wrist that is destroying my life and my self confidence. I have decided that I want it off, but have been turned down by 2 doctors due to my scarring tendencies (keloids). Do I have options or am I doomed to live with my mistake branded onto my arm for the rest of my life? Please, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Tattoos and keloid scarring

+1

Choosing the proper settings and the proper equipment is an important factor in how the skin will heal as well as taking preventative measures to help prevent the formation of keloids and hypertrophic scars such as applying Cordran tape and/or silicone sheets. 

Yes it is an option

+1

with the correct choice of lasers, scarring is a rare event. Lasers are designed to be absorbed by pigment within the tattoo and generally do not damage surrounding skin.

Roy G. Geronemus, MD