Is Laser Surgery a Good Option for my Neck?

I am a young active male. I have almost no body fat (6%) and I have never been overweight. I have an extremely well defined jaw line. I have what is either excess skin or my neck bands hang too much. Would a laser treatment under my neck be a good option combined with Botox?

Laser for neck

+1

Without examining you in person it is difficult to say what would be best for you.  Lasers that state that they tighten the skin at best improve it 20-30%.

Best Treatment for Excess Neck Skin

+1

The Best treatment would critically depend on your actual physical examination.

- If there is minimal skin excess but prominence of the inverted V shaped Pillars (of the platysma muscle) Botox would greatly smooth the bands with the need for surgery.

- If there is mild skin excess, the neck skin CAN be made tighter NON-invasively with SKINTYTE . This lunch time treatment shrinks deep collagen fibers while keeping the skin cool and is done in several sessions spaced a few weeks apart. We offer it in our office and our patients like it. (Look it up on YouTube. You will be impressed!).

- If you have a significant looseness of neck skin similar to a "Turkey Neck" your best option would then be a Neck Lift which may be combined with a lower Facelift, as needed.

Good Luck

Dr. P. Aldea

Neck bands

+1

The most effective way to create a tighter neck is by seeing a board certified plastic surgeon to have a neck lift. Some people who don't want surgery, can benefit from botox injections, in this off-label use, to tighten up the bands but they don't look as sharp or tight compared to a neck lift. If it is loose skin, possibly Thermage may help tighten, but I don't think it will help the muscle bands much, if at all.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Laser is NOT a good option for neck bands and excess skin.

+1

I have seen many patients who have had this with a bad type of scar contracture. A facelift with band removal will probably be best--without seeing your pictures.