Can Laser Surgery Correct Breast Reduction Scars?

Two years ago I had a Breast reduction. My resulting anchor scars were raised, rope-like, and red. I had both steroid injections and corrective repigmentation (tattooing of scarring to make it appear natural with the skin) to correct my scarring

Unfortunately the tattooing looks very unnatural. The edges of the scars are higher than normal, and I can't even wear a V-Neck sweater. Would laser surgery correct the scarring and/or the tattooing?

Breast reduction scars

+1

I would treat these breast reduction scars using a combination of IIT, pressure treatment, and laser to reduce the visibility of the scar.  Also, surgical reexcision and layered closure may also improve the scar. 

Web reference: http://www.surgery90210.com/cosmetic-dermatology/38/scar-revision.aspx

Difficult to correct scarring in the central chest area

+1

The medial breast and chest area is a common area to get hypertrophic and keloid scars that are difficult to treat. There is a possibility that laser resurfacing could smooth some of the raised areas and possibly remove some of the tatooing if done deep enough, however, this could potentially lead to further scarring if you are not careful.

Augusta Plastic Surgeon