Can I Have Laser Surgery After a Tummy Tuck to Get Rid of Any Left over Stretch Marks?

I have about 40lbs left to lose and then I'm going to have a TT done. I have loose skin from having 3 children and I want it removed. I have stretch marks and I have few above my belly button and I know that a TT won't get rid of them. I am wondering if it is possible to have laser treatments done on the stretch marks left behind after the TT?

Laser for Strech Marks

+1

Hello, theres is no harm to do laser after any surgery. Although, not any laser for any indication.  Some types of laser can be used to shrink the strech marks. There is two types of strech mark the red and white, each one has different structure and different options of treatment including the laser. To do it right please involve your doctor for the option and timing ( recovery time) from your tummy tuck.

Good Luck

UAE Plastic Surgeon

Laser for Stretch Marks on Abdomen

+1

Lasers tend to work more on "red" stretch marks and less on older "white" stretch marks. Depending on the severity of the stretch marks, you could consider laser treatment after you are fully recovered from a tummy tuck and cleared by your surgeon.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Hello

+1

If you’re looking to have any other treatment after a tummy tuck, we recommend waiting 8 weeks after your initial surgery.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS