What Laser Will Help my Stretch Marks ?

I am going to New York City can you help me find a doctor in New York City who offers stretch mark removal? I was hoping I could find one that only needs 1-3 treatments . I saw on Doctors they had a laser called coolbeam used for resurfacing .

What Laser Will Help my Stretch Marks ?

+1

There is no complete treatment for stretch marks.

It is possible to improve on the color and the texture of stretch marks but not completely eliminate then.

It also depends on how long the stretch marks have been present the location and the patients skin type.

I have been using An FDA approved laser for stretch marks the PALOMAR 1540 Non-Ablative Fractional laser (Erbium) with good results. You need to be treated by an experienced doctor to make sure you are getting the best treatment.

Good luck!!!

Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Which Laser for Stretch Marks?

+1

Hi Toronto.  There is no simple formular for hwo to treat stretch marks, but here are some basics for our practice.

If the stretch marks are red, we use pulsed dye lasers.  If the stretch marks are brown or dark, we use q-switched Nd:Yg lasers.  If the stretch marks are textured, we may use either one of these or an Erbium Glass laser.  The one type of stretch marks we do not treat at all are the hypopigmented (white or light) stretch marks with no texture.  These we do not have a solution for.  Good luck and see the pictures below for some examples of results.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Treat for stretch marks

+1

Look at several before and after pictures before you commit to the tretament. Stretch marks are scars as the result of stretched skin very much like stretching a piece of fiber. The only way this will be corrected is for the skin to be stimulated into producing collage to repair this damage.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser for stretch marks

+1
There is no absolute cure for stretch marks. However, the majority of stretch marks can be improved. There are different kinds of stretch marks and are treated a bit differently. Red or newer stretch marks can be treated with combination pulse dye laser and fractional laser. The white or silvery stretch marks are usually best treated with fractional laser. They will likely need multiple treatments for best clinical outcome. Treatments are usually done once every 4-6 weeks.

Lori A. Brightman, MD