Does Laser Skin Treatment Stimulate Collagen Production?

I am in my late 20s and I want to do something for myself now that will help me age a bit better.  I've heard that lasers can stimulate collage production so that your body actually starts increasing your natural supply over time.  Is this true?  What laser skin treatment should I try to build collagen?

Young people in their 20's and 30's can help prevent aging

+1

If you are young, the single most important thing you can do is stay out of the sun and use sunblock! That being said, you can stimulate collagen by several lasers including V-Beam, Thermage, BBL, Clear and Brilliant.  If you do not have a lot of sun damage or lines that need reversing, one of the non-invasive lasers that I mentioned might be best.  Please find a board certified Dermatologist with a lot of experience in cosmetic dermatology for guidance and treatment.

Laser skin treatments to stimulate collagen

+1

In your late 20"s, The Most important thing that you can do is wear a Sunscreen with SPF 60, 365 days a year rain or shine to prevent reduction of both collagen and  Hyaluronic gel.  The non ablative lasers will stimulate new collagen, but in my opinion, most patients are not very impressed and I don"t use them. Foto Facial with broad band light is an Excellent way to reduce redness in the skin and decrease pigment as well as stimulate collagen production. its big advantage is no down time. A good customize skin care regimen using antioxidants with viamin c and green tea, exfoliants with either Glycolic acid or Retinoids will stimulate collagen. See a Dermatologist who really understands how to use these products

San Ramon Dermatologist

Lasers Stimulate Collagen Production

+1

There is no question that lasers do stimulate collagen production. However, in your late 20's, the risk : reward ratio may not justify doing anything at this time. If you do have some degree of sun damage, I would suggest a series of Intense Pulse Light (IPL: not a laser) to address brown spots and stimulate collagen production combined with microdermabrasions. Lastly, I would add exfoliating and moisturizing skin care products, and promote lifestyle modifications such as sun avoidance, and tobacco avoidance to keep your skin looking beautiful.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lasers to stimulate collagen

+1

There are a whole variety of lasers that can stimulate collagen production. The one used for you should be determined by the degree of sun damage you have. This will require a discussion with your laser dermatologist. I would suggest you make an appointment with him or her.

Laser skin treatments stimulate collagen production

+1

Laser treatments do stimulate the production of collagen in the dermal layer of the skin. However, it is important to select the correct laser in order to maximize this process. It is actually the thermal (heat) injury induced by the lasers which stimulates the production of collagen in the dermal layer. Therefore cold lasers and others like the erbium are not as effective.

I prefer to use fractional CO2 lasers as they combine safety and efficacy. The fractional technology minimizes the risk of pigmentation issues and scarring while still providing enough heat to stimulate collagenesis (production of collagen). Another treatment can also stimulate the production of collagen in the dermis without damaging the superficial skin (epidermis). These are radiofrequency treatments such as ALUMA and THERMAGE.

The radiofrequency energy is transferred through the skin without damaging the superficial layers, it heats the deep dermis and thus stimulates the production of collagen. In general, ALUMA does not hurt but it requires several (about 6) treatments for a good effect. THERMAGE is just a one time treatment but it can be painful (controlled with medications). Thank you.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon