Laser Skin Tightening Vs Tummy Tuck?

So I had a baby about 9 months ago. And my stomach is still pretty loose. It bothers me a lot actually. I don't know what I should do about it. Tummy tuck or laser treatment?

Laser vs TT

+1

in general if you need more than a minimal amount of tightening then you should consider a TT. i have done a lot of Smartlipo with good results. however if you have more than  minimal laxity, ideally you should have a TT. of course, if you don't want the incisions or you are planning on having more children in the near future, then a laser lipo may give you some help until you can have a definitive TT.

david berman md

Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Laser vs tummy tuck

+1

It depends a bit on what you mean by laser treatment. If you mean skin tightening from using a laser on the outside of the skin as a non-operative treatement, a tummy tuck will be able to provide a more satisfactory result. If the laser is used under the skin in combination with liposuction as part of an operative procedure, this can help decrease the amount of surgery necessary. You should consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Good luck to you.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Laser vs Tummy Tuck

+1

In the vast majority of patients, a tummy tuck gives much better results than any laser, or other energy treatment. It is typically done after you are no longer considering have more children.For a more complete opinion, see a Board Certified plastic surgeon. 

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck is the best way to tighten loose skin

+1

Laser treatments claim to offer non-surgical skin tightening however the effect is very minimal.  It would be helpful to see pictures of your tummy, but I suspect a tummy tuck would be the best way to proceed.  It tightens the skin, muscle and removes the unwanted skin and fat.  The scar of a tummy tuck is the biggest draw back that patients are concerned about.  However, with the new techniques such as drain-free tummy tuck, we are now able to keep the scars super low and well hidden.

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD, FRCSC

Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute

Web reference: http://www.plastica.ca

Tummy tuck is usually better than laser skin tightening after pregnancy

+1

You would need to see a qualified plastic surgeon for an opinion based on examination but the general rule is that laser skin tightening has much more minimal results especially after pregnancy. My advice is do not make a decision until you see a plastic surgeon.