Laser Skin Tightening Procedure Without Pain?

Is there a laser skin tightening procedure that is not painful? I could not tolerate the pain from Thermage on my cheeks and mid-face, although on my forehead was okay.

There is no laser skin tightening procedure without pain.

+2

Hi! It is too bad that patients have to wade through so much marketing not supported by any evidence.

If a laser tightens skin VISIBLY (not the kind where you cannot tell the after picture from the before picture), it has to deliver enough heat or energy to the skin, and this hurts and requires anesthesia.

If Thermage was so painful, they were using the wrong settings. We like Thermage. Thermage can actually tighten skin with minimal discomfort if used correctly.

We also use superficial laser to correct fine lines with little pain, but this does not really tighten the skin.

TITAN laser and lidocaine cream

+1

The use of triple lidocaine cream is very helpful prior to lasewr treatments. The key is time. The cream must be left in place for 30 minutes to allow enough time for numbing.

In my office, the TITAN laser is being used for the skin tightening with very good results.

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS