Which Laser is Better if I Am Just Seeking Minimal Improvement of the Appearance of Stretch Marks on my Abdomen?

I am petite, 5'2 and 95lbs, and I am fair skinned. I have minimal stretch marks mingled with loose skin on my abdomen post pregnancy. I know that there is no laser out there that can cure stretch marks. I have done my research. I know that there are many different opinions regarding stretch marks and lasers. I am just looking to get minimal improvement. Which laser would be better to accomplish this, either the Aramis laser or the Fraxel laser?

Stretch Mark Treatment with Effective Results

+1

In my pratice we utilize the Artisan 1540™: Fractional non-ablative laser to treat stretch marks that are fully developed and are white or light in color.

Fractional resurfacing is a selective treatment, that leaves the surface of the skin unharmed. Instead, the laser damages tiny columns of skin, creating hundreds of microscopic wounds that boost collagen production and help the body heal stretch marks.

Fractional non-ablative lasers boast a short recovery time – the skin will just be pink in the treated region for about a week.

Treatment of the lower abdomen takes about an hour and half, but it takes five to six treatments to see results. Sessions should be spaced three to four weeks apart.

Fractional lasers cannot remove stretch marks completely. After six treatments, the stretch marks should fade by about 50%.

I hope this information helps. Best of Luck,

Dr. Clevens

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treatment for Stretch Marks

+1

Actually there is no laser that works better than Retin-A (generic name tretinoin). It takes six months and your skin will need to get irritated for it to work, but since laser treatment of stretch marks has been disappointing, it is something you should consider.

You will need the high strength 0.1 cream and should expect to need a moisturizer as it will make your skin dry and itchy while it is working. If it gets too itchy, just lay off a few days. But in the long run, studies from a few years back show excellent results,especially if the stretch marks are pink or red.

T. Wayne Day, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon